My approach to testing.
This is my current plan for the REC version of the SCUBA Capsule. This is influenced buy my current dive computer a Suunto D4, the fact that I’m in Michigan, and that I should be getting my hands on this Fall and its already a bit chilly considering I do not yet own a dry suit. In general I will just be looking to compare the information between both computers on a dive. I will be using the same table when I test the PRO version later. I’m only listing things that might be tricky to test or that I really want to check out.
- Temperature sensor: I’m planning on testing this in a heated pool and cold water to see if it is consistent.
- Deco Algorithm is Buhlmann-16: My D4 uses Suunto’s RGBM so I might try and borrow a computer that uses the same algorithm.
- Gas selection/Adjustable PO2/Oxygen Toxicity Indicator: I’m going to test this with a series of high O2 Nitrox to trigger some of these things without actually being in danger. I will be using my D4 with normal settings for safety.
- Underwater speaker: I’m gong to use the Music player to get a feel for the volume and clarity.
- Messaging: If I find someone else with one I’ll test it.
- Path / Course tracing: I am going to test this like mad! If it works this will be an amazing feature.
- 3D Dive Maps: These are an In-App Purchase and I’m not sure how good of coverage area there will be. I will probably try them out if they cover some place near by. This may involve waiting for the charter season to open up in the spring.